Are You Keeping Your New Year’s Resolutions? Here’s 5 Tips to Get Back On TrackInsured by Carver
Now that we’re a few weeks into 2019, keeping those New Year’s resolutions may be getting a little harder. Never fear, here are some tips and tricks to help you keep up with those resolutions and feel good about yourself while doing it.
1. Be honest with yourself about your goals. It may not be realistic to pledge to exercise EVERY day if you’re not used to it. It might also make you feel discouraged when you’re not able to do that right away. Instead, try saying that you will work out 3-5 time a week. That way you’ll feel good if you do more, but you can also give yourself a break on the days that you need one.
Plan for your change. Forming new habits is never easy, especially when we’re trying to juggle work, school, family, and all the stress in between.
2. Set up reminders like “Go to the Gym” or “Meal Plan for the Week.” And set up in advance when you plan to do three things, so that you’re not too overwhelmed before you even begin.
3. Set goals in small increments. While your overall goal may be to run a half marathon, set smaller initial goals. Reward yourself for running for a minute without stopping, then three, then five and so on. This will help keep you motivated as you can feel yourself progressing towards a large goal.
4. Journal your changes. Take pictures or write down successful moments for the hard days. There may be times that your end goal seems too far away, and having a tangible account of how much you’ve progressed can help lift your spirits.
5. Give yourself a break. There may be times that you don’t meet your goal on time, or you slip back into old habits. That’s okay. We’re only human and change is difficult. Rather than beating yourself up, be forgiving with yourself and work towards getting back on track.
Continue working towards self-change. Remember that this in a lengthy process. Even if you fall behind, you can pick yourself back up. This is your change, so you can change your schedule or start over if you have to!
New Year’s resolutions can come with extra pressure to succeed, but remember: change happens slowly. Be kind to yourself and remind yourself of why you wanted to make this change in the first place.
Carver Insurance Services, Inc. Services is here to make your insurance resolutions easy to take care of! Call (951) 677-9600 for a free quote.