Avoid Getting Hit by a CarInsured by Carver
When it comes to your motorcycle safety, not getting hit by a car should be among your top priorities.There's something about riding a motorcycle that is incredibly liberating: taking your bike out on the open road with nothing but you and the environment you are driving through. But this feeling of exhilaration does not come without a price. Safety is what is sacrificed when you decide to ride a motorcycle because there is nothing protecting you from a head-on collision and the pavement, should an accident occur. If you want to stay safe when you ride a motorcycle here are a few tips that will help you avoid getting hit by a car. Reduce risk of being hit by a driver changing lanes.
- Avoid driving in the driver's blind spot because not all drivers check their rear-view mirrors, let alone turn their head to look at their blind spot.
- Stay alert to the patterns of traffic; one can usually predict when a driver will change lanes.
- Before you pass a car, make sure that the car sees you in their side-view mirror.
- Lane split only when your bike is in danger of overheating and only if lane-splitting is legal in your state.
- Always be cautious when one lane is moving faster than another as aggressive, and bad, drivers may not check their side view mirror
- Always wear a helmet, jacket, pants, knee and elbow pads, gloves, and the proper footwear.