Seasonal Cheer Without Fire FearInsured by Carver
- Keep your Christmas tree well-watered. (Plus: don’t get it too early! Trees should last around two weeks.)
- Check that the needles won’t fall off the tree (too readily) before buying.
- Place your tree away from the fireplace, heat vents, and candles!
- Inspect your lights for exposed wires, worn wires, and broken sockets before decorating.
- Never use lights outside when the sockets or prongs are wet from rain, snow, or ice.
- Always turn off lights when you leave the house or go to bed.
- Don’t chop your tree and burn it in your fireplace or yard. Recycle the chopped wood instead!
- Always blow out candles and extinguish fires before leaving the house or going to bed.