Homemade Christmas Tree Cookie RecipeInsured by Carver
Celebrate the holidays with a special treatWhat better way to celebrate the holidays than with a sweet treat? Everyone loves celebrating the most wonderful time of year by giving gifts to friends, neighbors, co-workers or employees. But sometimes your holiday budget can be difficult to maintain your list of gifts seems to stretch all the way to the North Pole! Homemade cookies are a great budget-friendly gift to show friends and family that you are thinking of them during the holidays! Christmas Tree Cookie Recipe Ingredients: 1 pouch of sugar cookie mix ½ cup of butter, softened 4oz of cream cheese, softened 1 egg 14 pretzel sticks ¾ cup of vanilla frosting 2 teaspoons green, red, and white candy sprinkles 27 yellow M&M’s minis chocolate candies 1 bag of mini pretzel sticks Step by step instructions:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 13x19 inch pan with foil while leaving foil overhanging at 2 opposite sides of the pan. Spray with a non-stick cooking spray
- In a bowl, mix sugar cookie mix, softened butter, cream cheese and egg with spoon until soft dough forms. Spread dough in bottom of pan. Bake 20-23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cooling rack for about 1 hour.
- Remove the bars from the pan by lifting foil and peel away. Cut into triangles.
- Break pretzel sticks in half and insert pretzel half in short end of each triangle. In small bowl.
- In a small bowl tint the vanilla frosting with green food coloring and spread onto triangles with a butter knife.
- Adorn with sprinkles and yellow M&M at top of each triangle. Enjoy!