Mango-Kiwi Limeade PopsiclesInsured by Carver
Cool off from the summer heat with these delicious mango-kiwi limeade popsicles, a classic Mexican treat.Tropical fruit-based Paletas (that's Spanish for popsicle) are the perfect blend of fresh fruit, natural sweetening, and a frozen delicacy. Using a ripe mango and kiwi are the key to the sweetness, right when their natural sugars are at their peak–so it's crucial to make this treat only when the fruit is ripe if you want to get the best flavor possible. Ingredients
- 1 cup of fresh, ripe Mango (usually 1-2 large mangos)
- 1 cup of Limeade, organic or naturally flavored and sweetened
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of fresh, chopped Mint
- 2 teaspoons of peeled and finely diced Ginger
- 4 ripe Kiwis
- Grab a blender and throw in all of the ingredients and blend until the fruit has been fully mixed and smooth (Kiwi tips: cut the kiwi in half and scoop the fruit out with a spoon).
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds.
- If your mold does not have a top, then cover the molds with aluminum and cut slits with a knife to keep the popsicle sticks centered and vertical. If your mold came with a top, then you needn't worry about this step.
- Place the molds into the freezer and wait for the liquid to freeze completely. It will take approximately 3 to 4 hours for it to completely freeze, so it's wise to make them early in the day to have them ready for the hot afternoon that awaits.
- To release these frozen popsicles from their molds, run the molds under hot water. This will melt the frozen layer of popsicle and make them slide right out.