OH…DEER! Watch for deer this time of year.Insured by Carver
- Deer generally travel in groups, so if one crosses the road, be wary that more may follow.
- Be especially alert during dawn and dusk. Deer, like other wildlife, are most active during these times. Stay attentive and keep your speed down in case you encounter an animal during your commute.
- If a collision is unavoidable, resist the urge to swerve. This can mean the difference betweenrepairable body damage to your vehicle and a potentially fatal rollover.
- Maintain your vehicle’s headlights. Use your high beams whenever possible to help spot roadside wildlife.
- Don’t text while driving. Texting while driving reduces your reaction time equal to having a blood alcohol content of .08 percent, which would make it illegal to operate a vehicle in every state.