Your New-Home Insurance Questions Answered! - Temecula Insurance Agency - Carver for Auto, Home, Life & Health

Your New-Home Insurance Questions Answered!

New Home Insurance Policy Menifee CAKeep your home covered even through the process of moving.

When coordinating a move, you have packing to do, movers to schedule, and papers to sign, along with trying to maintain a stable lifestyle. It is important to make sure that the switch of your homeowners insurance policy does not get overlooked in the midst of this process! To simplify, below are your questions answered! Can I transfer my current insurance to my new house? You can stay with the same insurer or agent but you will need a different policy. Your new home is not your old home, so it has a different location, different risks, and perhaps additional structures. When is the right time to make the switch? Typically, you will need proof of insurance at closing when you buy the new home. When will my policy end on my old house? It will generally remain in effect until the sale of the property is complete.  Stay in contact with your agent as sales and dates of moving can often get pushed back! And if either home will be vacant for some time…? An unoccupied home may not be covered by your homeowners policy. Insurers typically discontinue coverage on a home that’s been vacant for more than 30 days, but note that these homes have a higher risk of theft, vandalism, or fire. In order to ease this process and to receive the best homeowners insurance policy for you and your property, contact Carver Insurance Services, Inc.! We are located in Murrieta, and Menifee, and serve all surrounding areas of California so that you can feel rest assured that your home is protected!

Share this post