How Trampolines Affect Your Homeowners InsuranceInsured by Carver
- A high number of children are falling from trampolines, often resulting in a broken neck.
- If the trampoline is on your property, you are responsible for all injuries sustained. Even if your child’s friend came round without your permission, if he or she falls off and sustains a serious injury, it will come down to you.
- The injuries can range from a twisted ankle to a life-altering injury such as paralysis.
- Everything from medical bills, compensation, and an increased premium will be left for you to pay.
- Cancel your homeowners insurance policy completely
- Keep the policy as it is
- Exclude liability and medical payments for any injuries sustained using the trampoline
- Require you to put up safety netting to reduce the risk of injuries